Thursday, December 15, 2011

History poster write up

              With this design i first decided on the style in which I would attempt to do this poster is that of Art Nouveau. To accomplish this I crated the design using fluid organic shapes with in Adobe Illustrator as well as the use of fluid lines that made up the free spirited woman. With the style chosen and the method in which i would accomplish it, I then decided to make the poster about the history of beer. The problem i ran into when creating the informational bullets was the amount of information. To allow the information to fit with in the space provided I had to summaries the information into its basic elements. To allow the information to flow evenly I added bullets to note each section of information about the history of beer.
When deciding which program to use to create the poster itself, I focused solely on illustrator for the fact that it to me was easier  t o use over photoshop and wasn't as limited in what one could do. For example each time you altered the design to created a new layer automatically and could adjust the positioning of the layer points to create new shapes much like what i did with the dress. To ensure that  i finished this poster in the time allotted i came in early to class ever day and even stayed after for some of the lab hours to modify and improve my design. I even used others comments to help improve my design like Derricks idea to off set the bottle cap and have it come off the page, as well as making the HIstory of Beer larger and readable by placing it above the spirited woman as well as using a font that represents the movement i was working in. Then there was the suggestion of mixing the colors of dress into the bottle and the colors of the bottle into the figure. To d this I changed the color of the strokes of the figure to match that of the writing as well as using the color of the dress to create the accents of the bottle. In regards to the meeting the requirements of this project I do feel that i meet them almost completely in aspects to being on task with the project and in the method I approached it. The one thing i did fall behind one was posting all my rough drafts up on to my blog to show where i was coming from and how I came to where I am now.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Christoper,
    MaryAnne White wants to exhibit your ceramics in the show I'm curating for faculty/students.

    ReplyDelete